For students with ADD/ADHD and Executive Functioning concerns, preparation is even more essential. I always recommend to all of my high school and college clients to begin the studying process sooner rather than later. And if you need any help from third parties then do so, for instance with CPA testing windows, you can get help from a company such as Surgent CPA Review. I would also advise to get help from other resources such as professionals, teachers, family, friends, and online tutorials. Being better prepared for your exams can reduce stress and anxiety.
Here are some suggestions to better help the process…
- Meet with his or her teacher at least once before exams. Be sure to enter that meeting prepared with specific questions about content and items needed to prepare for exams.
- Review the previous exams from teachers. Plenty of information about test questions, style and patterns can be learned through this process. If you know what you’re studying for, it is easier to prepare for an exam.
- Begin reviewing notes and identifying any potential missing information. If notes are not strong, seek out a classmate and compare notes. For my clients with social concerns, I am encouraging he or she to seek out the teacher.
- You could also do some research into an online tutoring service such as collegepaperworld.com for help and support with essay writing and editing.
- For students with IEPs or 504 Plans, it is important that they meet with his or her case manager and make sure any accommodations or modifications are in place. Parents can help with this too. Although I encourage the student to do this because it helps create self-advocacy skills.
For more information on my ADD, ADHD and Executive Functioning coaching, please visit www.adhdefcoach.com. In addition to working with clients in-person, I also work with clients all over the United States and World online, please visit www.onlineadhdcoach.com for more information. To learn more about my other services, please visit www.carrolleducationalgroup.com & www.iepexperts.com. I can be found on Twitter at ADHDGuru. You can also find me on Facebook, Google Plus and Tumblr. Feel free to email me at [email protected] or call 877.398.ADHD (2343) with any additional questions.